Last Fall we added another wonderful region to our list of Delectable Destinations… Burgundy, France. Known as “Côte-d’Or”, this historic heart of Burgundy is a patchwork of beautiful landscapes, valleys, rivers, canals and vineyards – surrounded by a magnificent countryside and dotted throughout with majestic & charming towns. We visited some of the most famous vineyards, fabulous local markets & producers and one-of-a-kind UNESCO sites. We also enjoyed being pampered with luxurious spa treatments at Bernard Loiseau des Sens – one of the best spas in Burgundy and a lovely lunch at their 2* Michelin restaurant – http://www.bernard-loiseau.com/en/
The week is guided by Chef Katherine Frelon and our stay at her beautifully renovated 400 year-old, farmhouse, which once belonged to a local Chateau, was perfection. Situated in the charming “typical” sleepy French village of Marigny-le-Cahouët, where you can actually walk to a ancient Chateau surrounded by a moat. Everyone on the trip had a fabulous time and we had wonderful evenings cooking and laughing with Chef Katherine. Who wouldn’t want to visit?! It’s one of the most famous wine regions in the world and we had no lack of great wines in our week-long tour. Along with delicious food, of course!
We would love to share with you one of Chef Katherine’s desserts that we enjoyed while we were there. It is a simple and healthy dessert you can make for your special someone this Valentine’s Day or anytime! No one would ever know there is tofu in it 🙂
Chocolate orange pots
A simple rich chocolaty dessert with a subtle taste of orange, perfect with brandy snaps filled with coffee cream
prep: 30 min
you need …..
- 700g silken tofu
- 1 vanilla pod or a teaspoon of real vanilla extract
- 75ml maple syrup
- 400g dark (70`% cocoa) chocolate with orange confit in it
- 50ml Grand Marnier
- large pinch sea salt
how too …..
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second burst, stir each time and stop as soon as the chocolate has melted and you do not want it to burn or it will be unusable.
- Place the tofu, sea salt, vanilla, maple syrup and Grand Marnier in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the melted chocolate and blend again until smooth, you will have to use a spatula to scrape the sides down and blend again.
- Transfer to expresso cups, or shot glasses, or martini glasses and chill until needed
- Decorate with brandy snaps filled with coffee cream or just simply with fresh raspberries a few mint leaves and a sprinkling of powdered sugar
Recipe: Chef Katherine Frelon – chef, author and founder of “la ferme de la lochere” cookery school.
Carol Ketelson is the owner and operator of Delectable Destinations LLC. Dedicated to planning, co-ordinating and curating customized group tours to hand-picked destinations. As an experienced travel planner, Carol’s customized itineraries, specialized tours and off-the-beaten-path experiences create memorable journeys for her small groups of singles, couples, and solo travelers, seeking exceptional trips into the culture and cuisine of destinations around the world. Spring and Fall bookings invite travelers to taste delectable local cuisine, culturally rich traditions and mesmerizing sights. For over 10 years, Carol’s tours have captured the true essence of Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, Puglia, Sicily, Spain, Ireland and India.
Delectable Destinations…Delivering your dream trip. For more information & 2018 trips log onto: www.delectabledestinations.com