The Beauty and Adventure of the Amalfi Coast. One of the most heavenly settings in the world is Italy’s Amalfi Coast. Tranquil and picturesque, the Amalfi Coast is a place I simply cannot get enough of. I’m going back there in a couple of weeks with a new group of excited travel enthusiasts, eager to learn about Italian culture, food, and wine. While this trip has been booked for some time, I am excited to be offering a similar adventure in 2013.
Finding a good, accurate, and self-tested Amalfi Coast itinerary online isn’t as easy as it may seem. With so much to do and see, hidden gems, and off the beaten path excursions, it’s a hard trip to plan unless you have months and months of expendable time and resources. Having visited the area for more than twelve years, each time I go, I add a little bit of something extra to my already outstanding itinerary.
Some of the highlights of my 2013 Amalfi Coast itinerary include:
- Exceptional lodging at Villa San Cosma in Ravello. This beautiful villa offers spectacular views, primo accommodations, quaint and relaxing grounds, and outstanding cuisine. My itinerary includes a delicious welcome dinner with a private chef.
- Relaxing days in Ravello, Italy. Ravello is not only amazing, it is actually quite astonishing. The views associated with some of the lookout points are beyond words. We will take time to stroll the grounds of Villa Rufolo and the famous Villa Cimbrone. In addition, Ravello has wonderful ceramics, cafes, and other boutique options. My itinerary also includes a visit to a local limoncello producer which is always a favorite part of my guests’ experience, and we will also get to take part in some fabulous wine tastings in vineyards that offer beautiful scenic grounds.
- Culinary instruction by one of the top rated chefs in Italy. The first day in Ravello I take my guests to an extraordinary cooking class with Mamma Agata. We will cook, tour Mamma Agata’s gardens, and have lunch with all the delicious food we prepare in our cooking class. A day spent with Mamma Agata is truly unforgettable.
- Amazing excursions to nearby villages such as Sorrento. My Amalfii Coast itinerary includes a true “Foodie” day. During our time in Sorrento, Italy, we will experience a tasting and a true “hands on” tour at an authentic family run mozzarella cheese producer, considered to be the best in the world. The day will also include a visit to one of Sorrento’s most well respected olive oil producers for a tour and tastings. Lunch will be a homemade Sorrentine meal, served in a garden setting overlooking Mt. Vesuvius.
- Picturesque drives on one of the world’s most talked about coastal lines. With one of my favorite personal drivers, we will coast along the “Costeria”, a uniquely inspiring coastline that will lead us to one of my favorite places: Positano. Positano, Italy is like a postcard. It’s a gorgeous and vibrant village where narrow lanes meander down toward the glistening sea and where elegant restaurants serve the catch of the day. Positano is also known for its unique boutiques, clothing, shoes, art and jewelry.
- Exploration of world-renowned tourist sites. Near the end of my itinerary, my guests are encouraged to go on their own adventure. I am thrilled to assist my guests in planning some wonderful options such as a day to Capri, a visit to the incredible ruins of Pompeii, or possibly a pastry or gelato making class!
- Uniquely designed culinary adventures. For our final evening, we will travel back to the Agata family home where we will experience a wine tasting farewell dinner with sommelier Gennaro.
The Amalfi Coast of Italy offers everyone something including outstanding food, wine, relaxation, and adventure.
If you are looking ahead to 2013, consider the southern coast of Italy, and enjoy the adventure with Delectable Destinations to experience the explicit details of a true Amalfi Coast itinerary that is like none other.
Carol Ketelson is the owner and operator of Delectable Destinations LLC. Dedicated to planning, co-ordinating and curating customized group tours to hand-picked destinations. As an experienced travel planner, Carol’s customized itineraries, specialized tours and off-the-beaten-path experiences create memorable journeys for her small groups of singles, couples, divorced, widowed and solo travelers seeking exceptional trips into the culture and cuisine of destinations around the world. Spring and Fall bookings invite travelers to taste delectable local cuisine, culturally rich traditions and mesmerizing sights. For over 10 years, Carol’s tours have captured the true essence of Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, Puglia, Spain, Ireland and India.