India is a land of rich contrasts and endless wonders, leaving visitors stunned, humbled and closer to humanity. The region of Rajasthan has a glorious history and is known as the “Land of Maharajas”, from forts and palaces to timeless local villages.
This 14 day/night journey, will take you to the bustling city of New and Old Delhi, the “Pink City” of Jaipur, the “Blue City” of Jodhpur, Agra – to visit one of the seven wonders of the world – the Taj Mahal and the mystical Thar desert. Picture a sandcastle on the grandest scale and you’re halfway to imagining our stay at Mihir Garh boutique hotel, a fairytale fortress in Jodhpur’s rugged Thar desert in the heart of Rajasthan. This stunning property is known as “the fort of the sun”.
On this fascinating journey, we will have the privilege of having a journalist join us from Lodestars Anthology – an independent magazine-meets-journal for curious travelers who long to be inspired. Focusing on one country per issue and sold internationally, the India publication is planned for summer 2018. They will documenting our journey through story and photography and our “Colors of Rajasthan” will be a main article in the magazine.
*This amazing 2 week India adventure will end in perfect style as we celebrate the “Spring Festival of Color” called Holi in Delhi. This festive day marks the arrival of Spring, the season of hope and joy. We will spend the holiday with a local family and have a most memorable day!
Join us on this highly experiential journey where we will unveil some of the most magical moments in this fascinating country… Rajasthan awaits you.
The flavours of India are best revealed through its culinary arts. Dine at world-class restaurants and partake in once in a lifetime culinary experiences. Get acquainted with the ingredients, the history and the preparation involved with making every dish.
Carol from Delectable Destinations offers her small group of guests a memorable mix of culture, history and spiritual beauty while indulging the palate with exotic food and drink in India–where the people, the bustling populous and the vibrant land reveal the true essence of a culturally rich country.
India is a feast for your senses and one of the world’s most culturally and spiritually fascinating places. From the flurry of activity in one of the oldest markets (known as the “moonlight place”) in Old Delhi, the romantic glow of pink Jaipur, the immaculate and majestic Taj Mahal to the golden sand dunes of the Thar desert – India is like nothing you’ve ever experienced. A kaleidoscope of colors, sights, sounds and tastes – it will be edged in your mind for a lifetime.
We have handpicked key cities, luxury accommodations and intimate local activities, designed to showcase this extraordinary destination.
- Personally escorted – Private guides and driver.
- Old Delhi’s Chandni Chowk Market with lunch at a Haveli (a private mansion).
- Visit a 300 year old spice market – Sensory overload!
- Dining at one of the top 50 restaurants in Asia – Indian Accent – Chef Manish Mehrotara.
- Culinary session – One on one interaction with a private chef at one of the most treasured palaces in Jaipur.
- Chef guided market tour and cooking class in Delhi.
- Sunset and sunrise over the Taj Mahal.
- Visiting the “Pink City” of Jaipur and the “Blue City” of Jodhpur.
- Our stay at Mihir Garh – An oasis in the Thar Desert – A “Shakir” dinner in the sand dunes, with folk dancers and singers, under the stars.
- Our stay at Rohet Garh – A beautiful family-owned fort in a rural Rajasthani village and time spent visiting the Bisnoi village – interactions with the locals and their simple lifestyle – men and women folk dressed in their traditional Rajasthani garments.
- A Royal Picnic – A grand recreation of a bygone era.
- A culinary workshop at Rohet Garh – Specializing in traditional Rajasthan cuisine
- Guided culinary walks for tastings of the street food in Delhi and Jaipur.
Delectable Destinations … Delivering your dream trip
"Once again Carol has hit it out of the park. Namaste!"Karen W., Whistler, Canada
"pack your walking shoes and join Carol for the trip of a lifetime - to India !"Jeanette L., Oakland, CA
"It was a wonderful experience all around. The food was magnificent, cooking demos were delicious and fun, and it felt like we experienced the true culture and history of India."Janice V., Salem, OR
All excursions and entrance fees, private guides, 5 star accommodations, internal flights, all meals, cooking classes, private driver in air-conditioned vehicle. Tipping is covered for all meals included in the trip and our transport. For hotel service, tipping is at your own discretion.
Airfare, all incidentals, alcoholic beverages not included in our meals, Visa to enter India, insurances, any vaccines required, any activity not stated in the itinerary.
Each trip is personally escorted, with a limited number of spots, keeping the experience intimate and personal. A minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 7 people.
A detailed daily itinerary is available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com
We would love to go over the specifics of this culinary and cultural journey with you!
Maximum Group Size – 7 people
A deposit of $1000.00 is due at time of booking to secure your space. The balance is due 90 days prior to your departure date
We strongly advise travel and medical insurance. Prices subject to change without notice.
A Visa to enter India is required.